What is a Business Component?
Business Component refers to the repository of reusable executable functions that can be used across different Business Processes
. It is considered to be the smallest artifact unit of the OpKey Test Surge.
These Business Components can be composed of various Keywords, Service Repository, Pre-built Business Components.
Once you have created any Business Component, it can be easily modified and reused
Let’s Suppose you are an Admin of an Enterprise Application say, Workday. Your requirement is to add a new user
having valid login credentials.
Here, you can create a Business Component for adding a new user.
Working on a Business Component File and Performing Actions on it
OpKey Test Surge Dashboard
> Click on
A Manage Business Component window will get open.
The Manage Business Component Window displays the list of all Existing Business Component(s). This List of Business Component(s) can be in either of the two views. One is the Grid View and the Other is the Label View. Now, let us learn how to create a Business Component in the OpKey Test Surge.
Creating a Business Component File
Click on Create
Business Component Tab by right-clicking on the Home Folder. You can also do so by selecting the “+” button placed third above the Search Bar.
- A pop-up window will get open.
The field marked with * is mandatory. Enter the Name
of the Business Component.
- Also, Enter the description of the Business Component. Click on Create.
- Click on the Labels Dropdown. The dropdown of Labels is auto-populated with all the pre-built Labels. You may select the Labelsfrom it.
- Click on Create.
You will be navigated to the Modify Business Component window. You can see a blank flowchart with
Start and End boxes.
Let’s see what are actions can be performed on the Business Component File.
Create a Copy
Business Component. To do so-
- Select the appropriate Business Component file.
- Right, Click on the Selected Business Component File and Select Copy Option.
Case 1:Selecting a Business Component for Synchronization
- Select the appropriate Business Component file in Business Component window.
- Right, Click on the Selected Business ComponentFile and Select Sync Option.
- Click on the Sync icon.
- A pop-up window will get open as
- All the fields marked with * are mandatory. Enter the URL Name.
- Click on the Select Project dropdown. The Dropdown will get auto-populated with all the existing Projects.
- Select the appropriate Project.
- Click on the Sync Icon.
In this way, the data from one Project can be Synchronized with the Data of another Project for the selected Business Component.
Case 1:To Export a Selected Business Component File
- Select the appropriate Business Component file in the Business Component window. Click on Export Tab.
Right, Click on the Selected Business Component File and Select Export Option. You can also export the selected artifact by clicking on the last button placed above the Search Bar. Please refer to the image below.
A Pop-Up is displayed when the Export is successfully done.
In this way, you can Export the Selected Business Component(s) in OpKey Test Surge.
Right Click on the Selected Business Component and Select Delete Option.
A pop up window will get open as
Click OK. The Selected Business Component will get Deleted and the Message “Artifact Deleted Successfully” will get displayed. In this way, you can successfully delete a Business Component in OpKey Test Surge.
Right Click on the Selected Business Component
- Click on the “Rename” Icon.
A pop-up window will get open as
The Name and Description field will be editable and auto-filled with the Existing Business Component Details. You can Modify the Name and its Description of the Business Component as per the requirements. Click on the Label dropdown. It will get auto-populate with all the Existing Labels in the Project. Select the appropriate Label to which the Business Component has to be assigned. Click Update. The Business Component will get Updated Successfully, and a message “Business Component Updated Successfully” will be displayed on the screen. In this way, you can successfully Rename a Business Component in OpKey Surge.
Business Component(s) is assigned in the Search Box [depending on the Type of View
Selected]. To do so-
Once you start typing the name of the
Business Component in the Search Box. The List of the Business Component(s) starts filtering accordingly in the
Manage Business Component window.
You can type the Keywords related to the Name of the Business Component in the Search Box. Still, the Search will begin and the
Business Component(s) will get filtered accordingly.
- Clicking on the Clear Search icon will clear the Text written in the Text Box.
In this way, you can successfully search for a specific Business Component(s) in the OpKey Surge.