Backup file of any kind of data plays a vital role in all scenarios. It stores a backup file and allows you to store it as per the requirement.
Backup in OpKey Accelerator
Backup is an advanced feature that is now available in OpKey Accelerator. By using the Backup feature, you can easily create a copy of the file, make a replica of that file, restore that backup, restore to other places and do more.
Need of Backup copy?
While working on a file, OpKey Accelerator users make various changes. Sometimes, they need to go back to the previous state of the file and restore that but tracing earlier changes and going back to that file state is very difficult. Now, it’s possible with the Backup feature as it allows you to create a copy of the file and restore a particular file backup and do more with the older file backup.
Benefits of Backup
Some of the common benefits of using Backup are as follows:
- You can create multiple file backups, save them & work on the current file
- You can make a replica of a backup file, restore this backup, restore it to other places and do more
- You can further branch the restored file backup
- You can easily compare differences between two backup files
- You can revert back to older file backups quickly and easily
- You can add unique comments to trace file backup quickly
- You can experiment with new changes without worrying about losing the functioning code
Getting started with the Backup
Let us create a Business Component file and then work on its Backup.
- Open Business Component in a new tab and click on the Create New Backup button.
- A popup message “Do you want to create a new backup” appears.
- Click Ok to create a new backup and proceed.
- CreateBackup Details window opens. Have a look at the details (component type and count) of CreateBackup along with logs.
- Once the backup file has created successfully, a popup message You have successfully created backup for this file appears.
- A new file backup has now been created successfully.
- Navigate to the dockable panel and click on the Backup tab and have a look at the created file backups.
Mouse hover over the Backup Details button provides you the detailed information (CreatedBy, CreatedOn, ModifiedBy & ModifiedOn) about the file backup.
- Click on the Backup Details button to view details about the files.
If you have made some changes in the working file and want to restore the older file backup then you can use the Restore Backup button.
- Click on Restore Backup button to proceed.
- The process to restore the backup is going on. You can have a look at the Component Type, Count and live logs.
- Just within few seconds Restore Backup process gets completed successfully. You can have a look at the below screenshot.
- The backup file has been restored successfully.
- Click on Close to finish.
While restoring an existing backup to the current working file, OpKey automatically creates a file backu[p (with a comment as “Auto created on restoring Version No: 1” )of the current file and then restore the desired file backup.
This option allows you to restore the file backup to the desired place in the project workspace.
- Click on Restore To button.
- Restore To window opens. The select folder in which you want to restore the older backup file and then click on Next.
- In this step, you can add tags.
- Check Retain Original Tag(s) checkbox to keep existing tags and click on Apply.
- Here, your file backup has been restored to the selected folder, successfully.
Delete File Backup
You can delete the existing file backup showing in the dockable panel under the Older backup tab.
- Select the file backup and click on the Delete Backup button.
- A warning popup message appears: Are you sure you want to delete?
- Click on Yes to delete the file backup.